Friday, January 7, 2011

A slow start to the Year

Training has recommenced, James, an old friend that I used to train with at the Other School has decided to come and train with us, it is always a great addition when you get a New Member that is really quite senior and knowledgable, it kind of improves the Gene pool, and there is a real chance a couple of other Senior guys may be coming over soon as well, we have 24 people on the books and 10 of these would be what can only be called Serious Wing Chun Students, this is really good for the less senior Students, the knowledge base is really deep and the pace of progress is furious.  With it being the first Day of the New Years training I went over some of the information that we should all know, as is always the case a few of the guys heard it for the first time, I can remember many occasions when I was training with my Sifu and he would tell me something and I would think "Why did he not tell me this years ago, why has he left it so late", but of course he had told me, like everyone once my Brain was full {which seems to not take very much} any new information would go in one Ear and out the other without leaving any trace, I think I will spend some time every lesson making sure that everyone has all the early information secured in there minds, and I will post up some of the more easily forgotten things here, for instance I tell everyone the main reason for shouting OOSH" breathing out very forcefully} when we Punch. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment